Friday, June 09, 2006

London = Shopping Therapy (?)












Therapy ... no way! I was walking on Oxford street at least for 5-6 hours ... I was sooo tired ! The weather was great, sunshine and 25 oC... Any trip with the tube felt like a journey to a tropical island... There is a strange breeze in the tube tunnels ... It is almost magical...
I had a great time. London is so beautiful ! My 6-hour shopping at Oxford Street, with only a break of 30 minutes to eat something in Selfridges ( I had Lebanese lamb kofta with humous and salad accompanied by a cold Heineken! ), was a bit tiring ... but I felt great !

Later, I stopped for a cold Frapuccino at Starbucks somewhere in Carnaby street. It was almost 8.30pm when I've started walking towards Trafalgar Square, and then to Westminster and the River Thames. London felt so warm and summery ... it was a great day out!

I finally caught my train at London Bridge station around 10.11pm

6 Comments:

Blogger apousia said...

Από το '97 είχα να κάνω shopping στο Λονδίνο..
Τώρα ήρθα μαζίσου,και στην Oxford Street,και για καφέ στα Starbucks..
Μόνο στο break δεν σε ακολούθησα γιατί δεν πεινούσα..

Να είσαι καλά αγαπημένε μου memento,για τα ταξίδια που μας προσφέρεις και την όμορφη παρουσία σου!

09 June, 2006 17:28  
Blogger natasha said...

Shopping in London ... that must feel like spending a day in paradise (especially when temperatures are summery as well).
I’m glad you enjoyed your shopping trip. I hope it was a successful one. So, tell me, what did you buy??? (I hope I’m not too nosy)


P.S. The photos are very nice. Love 'em.

09 June, 2006 17:31  
Blogger Memento aka a moment in life said...

@ apousia
I'll try to upload more photos from Oxford Street to give a better view of the shop windows...
For additional journeys visit the first of my links... there are some great photos there!
thank you for joining me !

@ natascha
At first, at least for the first 5 hours it didn't feel like being in paradise... I visited almost all branches of H&M, GAP, Topshop and Zara...
I bought only a jean, a black polo t-shirt and a white stripy t-shirt from H&M. In addition I bought a black and white Lonsdale LONDON manbag...
And some girly stuff for my girlfriend ( bikinis, a sweet green dress and a yellow funky strapless ... )

09 June, 2006 19:30  
Blogger Memento aka a moment in life said...

@ natascha
... but after the shops closed, I was free to walk London... It was really magical. Everything had a summery taste, the coffee, the beers, the people, the shop windows, the fountains on Trafalgar Square, the Thames and even the Tube!

bad luck you weren't here!
take care

09 June, 2006 19:35  
Blogger natasha said...

Ok, now here's what you have to do the next time you plan to go on a shopping trip: tell me 1-2 days in advance. This will give me a chance to catch a plane and join you. Deal? ;-)

I'm an experienced shopper with a profound knowledge of all shopping related matters, so I'd be a good companion for any shopping adventure ;-). Besides, shopping is always way more fun when you have company (at least that's what I think).

09 June, 2006 20:20  
Blogger Memento aka a moment in life said...

Deal !

Because I am going back to Greece in 10 days, I wont be able to go for another shopping spree any time soon, but I am sure I'll ask you to join me when I visit the Viennese Oxford Street equivalent!
See you in sunny Psakoudia in a month's time!

09 June, 2006 22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home