Saturday, May 20, 2006

Finland (????) the Winners ...


The Finnish "horror rock" group Lordi are the winners of the 51st Eurovision Song Contest ...
A rather unusual winner, I might say... but still a quite Hard Rock song... !

I really enjoyed watching the Contest, which was AMAZING (to quote Maria Menounos...) !!!

Congrats to the winners, and to the organisers. . .
Even though there were 24 countries singing and 38 countries voting, I didn't feel tired or bored!
And even Terry Wogan enjoyed the night ! And thanked the Greeks for the lovely and AMAZING night!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Hi! Nice blog (entered via ND's blog)!

I used to watch the ESC on BBC when I lived in Brussels, and I did not appreciate Terry Wogan's style or attitude towards the contest. If one does not "like" something, why present it every year? Anyway, if you say he thanked the Greeks for the organisation, that is "something"! Thanks for the philoxenia on your blog.

Rgrds
Nick

22 May, 2006 02:55  
Blogger Memento aka a moment in life said...

hi Nick,
you are welcome to visit again ...

Terry Wogan's style is peculiar, I agree, and I must admit that I hated the man... but I realised that he is sarcastic and cruel to anyone who deserves it...
I 've heard him making really hard-to-swallow comments even for the UK entry... but they deserved it...(the infamous nil points of 2004 I think...)
Anyway,
c ya around

22 May, 2006 09:48  
Blogger exilio said...

Let me raise a question...humm..who's that Terry Wogan?The 696969 guy?

26 May, 2006 01:54  
Blogger Memento aka a moment in life said...

@ funky mouton
Terry Wogan is the BBC presenter of the Eurovision Song Contest for the last 20 years or so... and he is a bit cruel to the singers, to the costumes, to the songs ...to everyone!

check my previous post on Terry

26 May, 2006 22:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home