Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Local News ...

This evening, while I was heading home from work, I read some really funny on the news stand just outside the train station. Here in England, it is a common practice on every news stand to erect posters with the latest local/national front page news.
Tonight's poster read something like : "Burgess Hill shoppers shocked by sex toys display". If this poster is based on actual events and it is actually what I think it is, then IT IS Hillarious!!!
(I am a bit concerned about this article's title. I haven't read the article itself and thus, I am not supposed to comment on it. But I will try to comment on the title, and I will probably try to find the article too.)
If the article is about a newly established underwear shop in the Burgess Hill town centre, then I am right!!!

Some empirical facts on Burgess Hill:
According to my unofficial "census", a Burgess Hill resident has an average age of 65 ! (or at least that's what I've figured out in the past two years that I 've lived here)


So, what was the owner of the underwear shop thinking when he/she took the decision to start this kind of business in our town?

Anyway... I will try to find out more on that and I will update any details...

I hope I am wrong!
I like Burgess Hill, but I think it needs something ... more youth, more shops, more colour ...something... I don't know, just yet!

3 Comments:

Blogger natasha said...

You forgot to mention what kind of underwear the shop sells. I mean, some kinds of underwear and lingerie might pose a serious health risk to Burgess Hill residents...they could suffer a heart attack doing God knows what with this kind of underwear ;-)

14 December, 2005 07:56  
Blogger Memento aka a moment in life said...

I think that the fuss is all about the dildos, vibrators, whips etc that are on display in the shop!

As I mentioned earlier... I am not sure whether the article IS about the shop that I have in mind, but I will find out soon!

14 December, 2005 09:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...as if they know what dildos are! lool! Just imagine an old lady with sexy underwear and a whip..bwahahahahaha! blech!I think i am gonna puke now.Welcome to B. Hill the town that ALWAYS sleeps!

14 December, 2005 13:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home