Saturday, February 11, 2006

Let the Games begin!





The XX Torino Winter Olympic Games have officialy began. I didn't watch the whole Opening ceremony, but I was lucky enough to witness the lighting of the Olympic Cauldron, which was literally torched by the fireworks at the Olympic Stadium.
Then, it was Pavarotti's turn to light fires... great stuff. And lets not forget, these games are Winter games, it was really cold out there, fires are good!!! (Apparently, during the opening ceremony of the 1994 Winnter games in Lillehammer, Norway, the temperature was -20something. That must have been much colder...)



I will try to get some inside information and news from Torino. A friend of mine, and occasional reader of the blog, is living in the area, so I guess I can ask him for his views. That is if I am lucky enough and contact him on time!

Enjoy the Games

The photo accompanying the text in this post is taken from the official Torino XX Winter Games page.

2 Comments:

Blogger barbara said...

Hi, I read your comment on my blog.
I live in Turin and during the olympic period I think I'll take lots of pictures. Turin is beautiful, they dressed my city up for this big event and I feel like a tourist, even if I live here since I were born.
If you want you'll can watch pics in my photogallery. By now I've only 2 pictures posted in my blog (maybe you saw them), but in these days I'll posted more pics.
bye!
barbara

11 February, 2006 08:38  
Blogger Memento aka a moment in life said...

Thank you Barbara
Now, I've got another friend in Torino !
cool!
I will check the photos

11 February, 2006 11:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home