Monday, October 03, 2005

A partial (annular) solar eclipse DID take place today...

... but I wasn't lucky enough to get any photos (yet !!!)
The eclipse was visible in Portugal, Spain, Libia, Sudan and Kenya, but also people living in northern areas of Europe were able to catch a glimpse of the spectacular phenomenon .
I've been notified by members of my family that, indeed the eclipse was visible from Greece, but apparently the best location was Madrid, Spain.

Here in Southern England, the phenomenon was visible at around 10.00 am GMT. The skies were clear and the sun was shining, but I woke up rather late. When I finally realised that the sun was a bit dim ( not because of the traditional british weather), I remembered about the eclipse. Unfortunately, the shadow of the moon had well passed Burgess Hill.

for more information on these solar phenomena you can visit some official pages explaining the science of the eclipse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home